members of the Class of 2019
must complete the mandatory End of the Year Senior Survey by Thursday, May 30th at 3:30PM
. Completing this survey is a requirement in order to receive your Commencement Tickets. Tickets will be pulled for any senior who has not submitted survey by 3:30PM on 5/30/19.
Welcome to the College Career Center web page.
Representatives from special programs are available to offer students one-on-one assistance and answer questions about college. See the Program Advisor for an application to join one of these excellent programs. Advisor schedules are as follows:
G1DPR Leader Program
Tuesday 10:00AM - 3:00PM
Wednesday & Thursday 9:00AM - 3:00PM
Tuesday & Thursday
8:30AM - 3:00PM
Monday & Wednesday
8:00AM - 1:00PM
Friday 8:00AM - 3:00PM
Sign up in the CCC to meet with these representatives:
• US Marines - Wednesday, May 22nd - Quad during lunch
• US Air Force - Thursday, May 23rd - Quad during lunch
• US Army National Guard - Tuesday, May 28th - Quad during lunch
• US Navy - Tuesday, May 28th - Quad during lunch
• US Army - Thursday, May 30th - Quad during lunch
All scholarship applications are available in paper form in the College Career Center unless an online link has been provided.
LEAP UP SCHOLARSHIP ($1,000.00)
Deadline: May 13, 2019
• Graduating senior, Class of 2019
• Must be 1st generation college student
• Planning to attend school on a full or part-time basis in the Fall of 2019
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
AJ WANG FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP ($2,000.00)
Deadline: June 1, 2019
• Current high school senior with a minimum GPA of 2.75
• Resident or U.S. Citizen, DACA and/or Dream Act eligible
• Commit to enroll as a full-time student, without interruption for the entire academic school year at one of these community colleges: Cerritos, Coastline, ELAC, Glendale, Long Beach City, LA City, LA Harbor, LA Mission, LA Pierce, LA South West, LA Trade Tech, LA Valley, Moorpark, Oxnard, Pasadena City, Santa Monica, Ventura and West LA.
BIG SUN ATHLETICS SCHOLARSHIP ($500.00)
Deadline: June 19, 2019
All student athletes are eligible regardless of the sport they are engaged in or the capacity in which they participate. The student must be a high school senior. Please remember to include your name and the name of the school that you are attending.
Please submit an essay (500-1000 words) answering the following questions:
• How did your participation in sports during your high school years influence you?
• Has your participation influenced your career goals?
• Has your participation influenced how you relate to your family?
Submit your essay via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
UNIVERSITY'S TUTOR SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY CONTEST ($100)
Deadline: The end of every month
The Contest is open to anyone 16 years of age or older. Each essay must be at least 300 words and in response to a monthly essay prompt made available on the Website. All essay submissions must be submitted through the Website by 11:59 PM CST.
FREE SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH PROGRAMS
- Scholarship Resource Guide
This is an extensive list of scholarships that may not require a valid social security number to redeem the award. It is suggested that you look through the scholarship list and select scholarships that are applicable to you.SallieMae
Easy to use FREE service with no ads and no selling of user info
Contains over 2.8 million scholarships worth more than $16 billion
Questionnaire also offered in Spanish
Sort scholarships by name, deadline or award amount
Adjustable match accuracy to see more or fewer awards
View printable calendar listing all scholarship deadlines
Register online at www.collegeanswer.comUnigo Scholarship Match
Free scholarship matching service with a database of over 3.6 million scholarships. Scholarships added daily.Click Here
to register online.
To get a Work Permit:
Download a Request for Work Permit form and instructions by Clicking Here
. Please print Request AND Instructions back-to-back (on 1 sheet of paper, two-sided) read instructions carefully and make sure all requested information is completed.
All information provided on the Request will be used to process/issue your work permit.We also process work permits for Non-ERHS students who live in Pico Rivera. Please DO NOT use the Request for Work Permit form posted above. Send a request via email to email@example.com and I will forward the appropriate form to you.
Students looking for Entertainment Permits
must contact the Department of Industrial Relations-Division of Labor Standards at 562-590-5048
- Some employers may require you to submit a resume. There are several online templates available. If you have never had a job or are having a difficult time finding a template to use, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
and I will send you a template and instructions.
The following employers are accepting applications:
• Applebee's - Servers/Host/Hostess
1493 N. Montebello Blvd., Montebello
• Buffalo Wild Wings - Cashier/Greeter
193 Stonewood Court, Downey
8613 Firestone Blvd., Downey
8888 Whittier Blvd., Pico Rivera
545 N. Montebello Blvd., Suite B, Montebello
2727 Via Campo St., Montebello
• Habit Burger Grill - Cashier
8988 Washington Blvd., Pico Rivera
545 N. Montebello Blvd., Suite A, Montebello
• Marie Callender's - Server
7860 Florence Avenue, Downey
• Mimi's Cafe - Host(ess)/Busser
8455 Firestone Blvd., Downey
8700 Washington Blvd., Pico Rivera
• Payless Shoesource
2007 Montebello Town Center Dr., Montebello
• Shakey's Pizza
9338 Whittier Blvd., Pico Rivera
8692 E. Whittier Blvd., Pico Rivera